If you are visiting Edinburgh or East Lothian and are looking for a fun, interesting and active day out, why not join us on one of our guided bike tours?
East Lothian has a diverse and historically rich landscape; ranging from its magnificent coastline and spectacular sea cliffs to rolling farmland and the sheep-grazed Lammermuir hills.
The area has had an important part to play in local history over hundreds of years and is dotted with many ancient castles, churches and battlefields, which played a major part in the formation of the UK as it is now.
Although you can choose to tour East Lothian by car, you will gain a better appreciation of its peaceful beauty and hidden gems on an escorted cycle tour with an experienced and knowledgeable guide.
Our guided tours are offered over the course of a full day (from 9am to approx. 5pm) and visit our most popular and fascinating local attractions. Details of each tour can be found below.
Included in price of the tour:
- A friendly, fun and experienced guide
- High quality hybrid bike & helmet hire
- All entrance fees
- Return train ticket from Edinburgh to tour start point
- Emergency vehicle backup
- All tours meet outside Princes Street Tourist Information Centre in Edinburgh at 9am on the date specified (the train leaves at 9.35am so please be prompt)
- Bring a waterproof jacket (Scottish weather changes very quickly) and a small bottle of water
- Wear suitable clothing for riding a bike (no long dresses etc)
- All tours include approximately 20 miles of riding on undulating terrain over the course of the day (suitable for most people of moderate fitness)