Come and taste the ‘water of life’ with us on our bike tour into whisky country!
There aren’t many things more Scottish than a dram of single malt whisky, and this cycle tour celebrates that fact with a visit to the famous Glenkinchie Distillery. Tour members are treated to a tour of the distillery’s production area, learning about the complex process involved in creating our national drink and it’s fascinating history. At the end of the tour each member is offered a taste, and there is the opportunity to purchase some to take home.
We travel to Glenkinchie from the coastal village of Longniddry, riding past the very fields providing the grain to create this fine whisky. Before reaching our destination we visit the charming little village of Gifford, where we also stop for lunch. It provides more than just a pleasant rest break however, as it has many claims to fame, among which are: that it was the birthplace of one of the signatories to the US Declaration of Independence; is the home to one of the finest 17th Century mansion houses in the country; and was founded by a 13th Century French nobleman once thought to be a powerful warlock, who’s ruined lair still stands nearby.
Included in price of the tour:
- A friendly, fun and experienced guide
- Bike and helmet hire
- Entrance fee for Glenkinchie Distillery tour
- Return train ticket from Edinburgh to tour start point
- A refreshment at our lunch stop (1 free drink per person – lunch not included)
- Emergency vehicle backup
- All tours meet outside Princes Street Tourist Information Centre in Edinburgh at 9.15am on the date specified (the train leaves at 9.40am so please be prompt)
- Bring a waterproof jacket (Scottish weather changes very quickly) and a small bottle of water
- Wear suitable clothing for riding a bike (no long dresses etc)
- All tours include approximately 20 miles of riding on undulating terrain over the course of the day (suitable for most people of moderate fitness)
When making your booking, please specify the date you are interested in and the size of bike you would like to reserve using the drop-down menus below before clicking Add to Cart. If you need to reserve more than one size, click the Continue Shopping button on the next screen (your shopping cart) which will bring you back here, choose the desired size and date again and click Add to Cart.